Think of a big well-known brand. Can you picture the logo? How do you feel about this brand? Do you know what the business behind it stands for? Would you buy from it as opposed to its competitors and why?
Now think of your brand. Does it clearly define your values? Do they come across consistently in your marketing and sales material? Do your customers have a sense of loyalty towards your brand? And, more importantly, if not do you understand why?
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your brand are vital if you want to retain existing customers and ultimately find new ones. Knowing how your brand differentiates you from your competitors and makes your customers feel will help you to build your brand for the future and vitally the growth of your business.
That’s why we’ve partnered with some like-minded businesses to launch the Brand Clarity Scorecard – a simple free tool to help you better understand the strengths (and weaknesses) of your brand.
Gain Clarity Around Your Brand
The Brand Clarity Scorecard looks at the breadth of your brand assessing both the strategic and tactical aspects of it. It asks a series of questions, each of which is answered with a yes/no answer and are grouped within a clear framework that looks at the five different pillars of your brand. Overall, the results will give you a real understanding of where your brand stands today, areas that are strong (or weak) and guide you to consider areas where you may want to improve it. The five pillars of the scorecard are:
- Connection – A brand needs to form an emotional connection with customers and employees. It needs to resonate with them and communicate the values of your business and the differentiators from your competition.
- Consistency – It’s important that your USPs are consistently communicated through all your marketing channels and by all your employees so that at every touch point with your brand you are building trust and demonstrating your expertise with your audience.
- Customer – For your brand to be truly effective, you need to have defined your ideal customer. This is vital so you know clearly who you are targeting, and how to reach them in a way that is going to resonate with them.
- Creativity – A powerful brand is a unique identity. It helps you stand out against the crowd, connects with your audience, engages them, and communicates your values.
- Competition – Crucially a brand must set you apart from your competitors. It should clearly communicate your USPs and differentiate you.
Understanding Your Brand
Once you’ve completed the scorecard you will receive a report detailing how your brand scores, benchmarked against best practice and what ‘good looks like’ and a tailored proposal highlighting ways our expert team can help you elevate your brand to the next level. The Brand Clarity team is a partnership of three experts in their field, ourselves (All Things Web – marketing), hgkc (business growth advisors) and ker-Z Creative (design). Together we offer business owners like you, the opportunity to dive deep into all aspects of your brand and reinvigorate it so that it is stronger and more powerful.
Investing in Your Brand
As a business owner, you know the story and the values behind your brand more than anyone. You’ve been through the heartaches and the late nights to set up your business and, perhaps more recently, keeping it alive during this very challenging period. There’s a real possibility that we are heading into a recession and the natural tendency is to keep a tight rein on the budget and reduce expenditure. But the past has shown that those who invest now in their business are more likely to come out stronger the other side.
Creating a compelling story, developing trust and loyalty are at the core of a brand. It defines your business, setting it apart from the competition and enables your customers, both current and future, to engage and build a relationship with you. We’re encouraging you to take hold of the entrepreneurial spirit that lies within you and put your trust in us as we work with you to create a brand that is strong across all of the pillars, communicating your values powerfully and consistently, engaging your ideal customers and creating loyalty in a brand that will grow as your business develops and be resilient in the years ahead.
How Does Your Brand Score?
Intrigued? Try the Brand Clarity Scorecard today. Spending time now completing this scorecard is the first step in an exciting journey for your brand. Let us provide you with an understanding of where you are now and what steps you could take to future proof your brand and propel it ahead of your competition.
If you would like to discuss any of the above further, please feel free to contact us at All Things Web® on 01793 766040.